Thursday, October 21, 2010

Social Media Meets Television News

It's all the rage boys and girls: social media. If you didn't know, now you know. From Facebook, to Twitter and ALL the other options you have out there, we are now living in a world that is universally connected if you like it or not.

I now find myself directly implanted in this world working for a branding/PR company that specializes in social media and it's analytics to drive business. It's almost a 180 degree turn from where I came from. For the past three years I worked in front of the camera as a sports anchor/reporter for a tv station. But there are a lot of similarities, and yes, social media is becoming a huge part of the business of traditional media (i.e. television, radio, and print). The goal of my old business was to get the news out with as much journalistic integrity as possible, now with all the outlets social media allots, you can do so much faster than in the past.

That's why when I saw this spoof done by Fox 4 news in Dallas/Fort Worth I knew I had to share it. It made me laugh and cry at the same time. The world is changing, like it or not... so sit back and take it all in because social media is the way the world now works. Take a peek.

1 comment: